Friday, September 20, 2013

FO Friday? Yeah right! LOL!

Yesterday was bread baking day and I make my dough and it usually makes 2 loaves.  I only bake one and put the dough in the frig for another one when I need it.  But yesterday I baked 2 loaves because I wanted to take one to my new neighbors.  I also took a container of salt and a bottle of wine!  Do any of you remember the house blessing from the movie It's A Wonderful Life?  I googled it and here it is

               Bread - that this house may never know hunger.
               Salt - that life may always have flavor.
              Wine - that joy and prosperity may reign forever.

I wrote out the blessing on a piece of stationary, wrapped the bread in a towel and put a ribbon on the bottle of wine and off I went!  The wife, Barb, was home and welcomed me in.  I didn't stay long as they are still trying to get settled but I think she was surprised and hopefully put at ease about one of her neighbors at least! LOL!   I hope they like it here and that it is everything they hoped their retirement would be.  I've always wanted to do that for someone and especially since I got no welcome when I  moved here, I wanted to ensure that anyone else that moved here felt welcomed to their new home.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before I took it over so you'll just have to look at the loaf I made for myself minus the wine and salt and blessing. 

 There was a beautiful moon out last night but my camera did not do it justice.  I'm asking Santa for a nicer one this year.

 This is is my leaking gutter (it's been raining all day today).  I took a picture so when it's sunny out and I go to repair it I know where it was leaking.  Great thinking huh?  There's 2 places see?
 This is a bathroom mirror that I am getting ready to paint.....this time I remembered to take "before" pictures.
 The bench is getting painted too...last time when I made my chalk paint I tried to save it but the next day it was hard as rock because of the grout in it so this time I am lining up projects so I don't waste any paint.

 I also ran some errands yesterday and one was to get a new battery for my pedometer.  The weather is cooling and the girls and I will be out walking/hiking before long!  I can't handle the heat and humidity in the summer and neither can they.
 Along those same lines of health and maintenance.......did you know they now have gummy vitamins for adults?  YES!  Yippee!  I love gummy bears and I hate taking those big horse pills as much as anyone so look what I got..............it's not just for kids anymore!
My shamrock plant is blooming.  I think it's confusing St. Patrick's Day with Halloween or is it?  Didn't the celts invent Halloween?

 And yet another mystery crochet.....this time orange.....are you getting warm with your guessing?  Soon, I promise, I will share it with you!   Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a hoot! Man, you sure do stay busy. So nice of you to welcome your new neighbors with such thoughtful gifts! :) Now get to work on all those projects. Ha! Best wishes, Tammy

    P.S. Yes, my son is fine. They didn't get the flooding where he is. A friend's son is at college in Boulder where a lot of the flooding took place. His campus was closed for several days and the students weren't allowed to go anywhere. I know the area where he is had roads washed out and everything. Crazy ! My son is studying psychology ... at least that's what he says right now. He would like to focus on the human resource side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always suggest everyone to use lypo spheric vitamin c because after taking this antioxidant regularly I can prevent different kinds of diseases like cold and fever. Again you can take this antioxidant without anykind of hesitation and there is no harmful side effect for taking this kind of antioxidant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!