Wednesday, April 3, 2013

OM'Gosh........I am tired!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  I did even though I cooked and washed walls my reward was a good meal at the end of the day!  No, not jelly beans although they're mighty tasty!  I picked this little blue dish up at the Dollar store on Saturday and it was really only a $1.00 and it's plastic but you'd never know it if you didn't touch it.  It's just like the glass ones.....how can you go wrong for "a buck"?
 Plus, I needed a handy place for my jelly beans!
 It was a dark and rainy morning but then the sun came out and it was beautiful on Easter.  The girls were all watching their favorite t.v. station.........WILDLIFE......outside our door! LOL!


 Thank goodness the sun came out so the Easter Brunch wasn't canceled..............
 Meanwhile, Mom was hard at work moving furniture, washing walls and spackling and finally got some paint on them today....I told you I was slow!  Can you even tell the difference?  I'm going from a mint green to a "Creamy Buttermilk".  Trust me...those walls hadn't been painted since the house was built 40 some years ago, I think.  Mud would have made them look better....I couldn't fail!
This was just after washing and spackling.........

This is after painting............see in the right hand corner you can tell the difference

This picture shows it better where I stopped until I rearrange the furniture so I can get the rest of the one wall....only 3 more to go and then of course the rest of the house!  AHHHHH!!!!!

Actually I don't mind painting and I'm darn good at it if I do say so myself.  I never even tape and not one drop on floor or woodwork.  I'm dynamite with a 2" sash brush!  It's just boring work.  I could not do it for a living unless I listened to books on tape or something.
Here was my reward at the end of the day with a few side dishes of green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and custard pie.  This was Pioneer Woman's (Ree Drummond ) ham glaze and it was a winner!  I'll post on my recipe page...later....I am REALLY tired! LOL!

I thank everyone who has been SO kind and left comments...I live for them!  I will try and get around to all of you tonight and tomorrow in between "wall duty"! LOL!  Have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. Your ham looks SO GOOD!! And your paint too! Wish you would send me some of that energy of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking ham. You must have been bit by the energy bug. You are going gangbusters out there.
    I have tried and tried to get your blog to update on my reader with no luck. I've moved from Google Reader to Thunderbird and all the others are working just fine. Technology, never a dull moment. I have you bookmarked now so I'll be keeping up with you.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting those walls done. I can tell a difference -- it will lighten and brighten things up in there. Love the picture of kitty in the sunlight by the door. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a darn good job!
    It sure looks fresher.
    Oh, that ham is making me so hungry
    And I love custard pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have been very busy. We had ham for Easter too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!