Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring in so many ways...........

 A little Spring on the kitchen table.............
Unearthing one of the few remainders of my childhood...........

 Divide and conquer..........cleaning and organizing my sewing/dining room...

which of course spills into other rooms........
Oh!  I have so much STUFF but I did end up with a full garbage when I was done too so that made me feel like I made some progress!

I know this is blurry but I had to share this with you....these are photos in a clothing catalog I got in the mail today.    Those are REAL women...they look like people from a concentration camp!  I had never realized what a bad image these magazines give to young women.  No wonder they're anorexic!  It's terrible....the models in the picture look ill and their cheeks are sunken.  They must have rounded up all the anorexic women they could find for these pictures.  I was sick once when I was a young mother and I went down to 80 pounds and I looked terrible!  Since when did this become "attractive"?  I noticed the male models looked "normal".....what is wrong with young women today?  Is this what I marched for in the days of "women's lib"?  So sad! 
I finished my cross stitch and washed and ironed it and was going to sew it....this is what started the whole Spring cleaning thing......does that ever happen to you?  We'll see how long it is before I actually get it sewn up! LOL!
It was a productive day but now..........we're tired.......
 
 I hope you had a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. With two teenage daughters, image is a real concern, even though I hope we've given them a positive attitude, it's difficult to appreciate how strong peer group pressure is on young women today.

    Well done on your tidying - I feel a tad guilty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are cleaning and organizing too. Love the kitty photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!