Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oh, Fall...how I love you...let me count the ways!

Perfect weather....no heat needed, no air conditioning needed and no watering outside needed!  A gal couldn't ask for more! LOL!  I am overjoyed and enjoying every minute of it!
Yesterday, I had to pay taxes and do some "running around" but grateful I had the money to pay them and again enjoying the weather.  When I got home I worked outside checking the wood pile and getting wood and kindling into the garage and into the house for when it starts getting cool.  Mostly, it's nice to have a fire in the fireplace when it rains and it's not that cold out but you want to take the chill and the dampness out of the house.
I still need to bring in the fireplace tools and redo the fireplace decor for Fall and Halloween......(upcoming post me thinks!)  I also called the chimney sweep and he'll be here next Monday. 
 
I received a great catalog in the mail today which I will be perusing tonight when I go to bed........they have beautiful items in this catolog and my daughter even got her wedding dress from them!
I also got my appliques ironed on to the material today so I'll be cutting those out tonight too......
I'll be using one of my hand wovens for the scarf on the snowman applique.  I bought these a while ago and they weren't cheap but they are all fat quarters and finding hand wovens isn't always easy so when I saw this packet from Moda I bit the bullet!  I love them and they remind me of the pioneers.  They're great for "primitive" projects and I vacillate all the time between that style and the British style of bright and cheery florals.....can I combine them?  They're really totally different but I love both styles!  What's a gal to do? 
I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday and are looking forward to a really wonderful Wednesday!  TTYS!  Oh, BTW....the 2 new books I'm reading (1 non-fiction and 1 fiction) are both great so look forward to some book reviews in the near future!  Ta Ta!

5 comments:

  1. We are enjoying wonderful weather here in Melbourne too. Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Victorian Trading catalog too. It was in the low seventies today here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that magazine too. I just haven't ordered anything from it yet. The kids love looking at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think I need to take a look see at this catalog. HMM!!! Yes!! Yay for the chimney sweep! This time of year is wonderful, but I think we are going to quickly fade into the less than glorious time of year here. {GROAN} I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weather forecast looks perfect. It's still hot as heck here ... above 100 every day, but it's October, and I'm dressing like it is Fall whether it's hot or not, while everyone else is still dressing like it's summertime. Enough is enough folks. Times for some change. Right! :) You can definitely mix plaids and florals -- as long as they are in the same colorways. Good luck getting those blocks done. best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!