Monday, September 17, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday!

Here we are again..........Monday for me is cleaning,  cooking, changing the sheets and doing laundry and ironing.  I did get laundry done and I took a bath when I got up this morning and I was brushing my teeth and all of a sudden there was no water.   The girls had been barking but like I said I was trying to brush my teeth.  I looked outside and "sure nuff"  there was a front loader in my front yard digging away with about 4 or 5 people watching.  They do this every year...sometimes twice. "They" being the city workers in the town I live in.  Specifically city water workers.  There's a leak and they fix it and it breaks again and they fix it and yada yada yada.  They never call and warn me, they don't even knock on my door.  Why they can't fix it once and be done with it I don't know and why it is always my front yard and no one elses?  I don't complain as I would be a "marked woman" in this town as if I'm not already.   So,  that's how I started my day but the water was back on soon and I got on with my chores.    No, I never called and complained....what's the point....they do what they want anyway and if you complain they take your name and number.

The lawn mower man called and said he had my tire ready so he came over, changed the tire and pumped up the other ones and checked them.  It was only $115.00 including labor, tire and all.  I need to get the chimney sweep over here too and he's usually $75.00.....going to be a pricey month.....probably won't be adding to my yarn stash much if at all.
I did some cleaning and cleared off this little bookcase and will be moving it out of the hallway....where I don't know but it doesn't belong in the hallway.
Then it was on to the "fun" stuff...............removing caulk outside.......see that ugly white "stands out like a sore thumb" old caulk?  Finally, I got some good advice from a wonderful gal who just happens to have the same name as me and has a blog called Sawdust and Paperscraps and she told me about a You tube video on how to remove silicone caulk using a product in a spray can (it's a strong chemical and you must use gloves...the right kind too!) and after you spray you leave it on for 24 hours and then (with gloves on) you scrape it all off and you're ready to apply the new stuff.  Now, I hate using chemicals but there is no way I'm going to be able to get this fixed if I don't so I'll be looking for "the stuff".  The brand on the You Tube video was Unibond but he said there are all types.  Then why didn't my local hardware store know about it?
I always "assume" people know more than I do about things but I am really beginning to wonder!?!?!?

Isn't that ugly?  Why didn't they use clear?  Which is what is going to replace it!  Thanks Sandra from Sandpaper and Paperacraps!  She is so talented and awesomely brave when it comes to DIY projects and she always answers questions.  Please check her out and You Tube also!
Sorry there were no "pretty" pictures today but this is a real life blog and it isn't always pretty! LOL!
Hope you had a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I use Monday as my all-out cleaning day also. The sheets smelled so good when they came in off the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you on getting that heel done on your sock. I saw that someone already said what I was gonna say about your yarn scraps -- put them out and the birds will take them away to build their nests with. I need to do some caulking inside around the window frames so that if we have rain in the winter, there won't be leaks. Nothing here is built very well at all. Hope you are having a good day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!