Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Storms, rain, warnings and a rough night.........

  I got up a little later than usual this morning as the weather radio kept going off all night.  Thank goodness I didn't have to go to the basement as it was flash flood warnings and river flood warnings but it kept waking me up until I just shut it off.  Quilt Guild was today but I didn't make it up in time and really don't want to go out in the pouring rain as I don't know where the floods are.  I'll stay cozy inside with my girls.  The only problem is they hate going out in the rain and when I opened the door this morning and they looked out they turned around and went back to bed! LOL!  Eventually they won't be able to hold it anymore and they'll go out regardless but begrudgingly.  I let them out on the back porch and leave the door open so they can go and come in when they're ready.....no fear of being trapped outside in the rain! LOL!  I have "camel" cloths which are super absorbent cloths that I dry them off with and then they get a special treat for going out in the bad weather.  It's been "coming down" since last night when I went to bed.  There was an hour we spent in the basement when there was a tornado warning but that was from 6-7 p.m. at least.  It seems ours usually come in the middle of the night so I was grateful I was awake for it.  The girls also hate going in the basement but it's like they sense something and when I call them because of a warning they come right down.
Anyway....."before the rains came" I went to town and got a few groceries and spotted some great flowers to put in my wheelbarrow that don't require  lots of sun. 


Aren't they just precious?  They almost look fake they're so perfect looking.  I think they're primroses but not sure and they're outside in the rain now so I won't go check.  I just set them in this wagon outside until I plant them in the wheelbarrow.

This is my parsley that came back.  I'm not sure if it was the warm winter or if it will always come back but I am grateful!

 Below is my rosemary and oregano which is going great guns this Spring.

And last but not least, I couldn't resist these beauties and what's nice is they can be "re-purposed" back into my yard when they're done blooming in the house.  Stay dry and safe where ever you are! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,
    Boy sounds like you had enough rain for awhile. We are suspose to get some over the weekend. Today its going to be 80. very strange.
    I love tulips too. I have so much shade here I can't grow them.
    About the spray paint. I like the Rustoleum AMERICAN ACCENTS.So many pretty muted colors. Home depot is where I get it.The other home stores may carry it too.Covers nice and has a nice even spray.
    Well hope you can get out today,and the weather has cleared.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!