Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Puttering" aound the house.....

I went to the thrift store the other day and although it is a reasonably priced place to shop I can still do some damage!  But it goes to a local pregnancy center here in the Ozarks so I don't feel so bad when I do spend. 
I purchased quite a bit of finery and will be displaying it in the days to come as I utilize each piece.  For now I will show you my Summer fireplace or rather what I do to try and make it Summery.   The lamp I got for $3.00 and it is so cheery in that dark little corner of my family room.  I also got the 2 little love birds that I thought were SO sweet and I have a friend, check her awesome blog, nancy-jo.blogspot.com , who places birds like that in all her plants but of course this one didn't make it there. 
The table with the candles was an idea from Brenda at cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com.  She had a nice wooden bowl with a variety of candles surrounded by river rock and it looked so neat and I knew I had a wooden bowl somewhere but do you think I could find it?  Did I sell it in a garage sale?  Will it turn up someday or will I be left to always wonder?  Anyway.....I found a granite ware tray and went to the Dollar store looking for rocks never thinking they would have any but LO AND BEHOLD!!!!!  I was walking out the door empty handed and the gal asked if I had found what I was looking for and I said no, I was looking for some river rocks and she said"Oh!  We have those!"  I about fainted dead away and "sure nuff" they had 5 bags of polished river rocks/stones and I bought each and every one of them!  They were $1.00 a bag and I have 2 bags left over!  I love it when a plan comes together!   I bought that little cottage too and tucked it in my Shamrock plant.  I'm thinking that now a leprechaun will come and live there or are leprechauns too big?  A fairy maybe?  I'll let you know if anyone moves in.  That's all the news that's fit to print today!  Let me know what you think and how you decorate around your "Home Sweet Home"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!